Tuesday, March 27, 2012

For My Dear Friend...

Each year there are thousands of babies who pass away from an illness that has overtaken their lives. A good friend of mine whom I've known since elementary school contacted me the other day and let me know that she has lost a baby in her family due to an illness. It struck me at that time that people every single day often overlook children, adults, diseases, and sicknesses. You never know when your "time will be up."

I usually do not do posts like this but because she is a friend that is close to my heart, I have decided to reach out for her and her family for a helping hand. If you're not familiar with the March of Dimes, it is a charity walk (sort of like Relay for Life) and when you walk, "you give hope to more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise" or donate, "supports programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies." Since 1970, the March of Dimes program has raised over $2 billion to benefit babies all around the country.

If you're not in the area, like myself, and wouldn't mind donating to this organization, you may do so HERE. Not many people realize how much $5 can do for someone. If we can get everyone in just a single state to donate $5, there would be enough money to help HUNDREDS of families! So, even if you're just able to donate $5, that is perfectly fine!If you're unable to walk or donate, my dear friend and myself just ask that you give prayer to her family. They need as much strength as they can get at this point in time!

If you're in the
 Nashville, Tennessee area and would like to participate in this walk, it is on April 22, 2012 at 2500 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203

If you're not in the area, like myself, and wouldn't mind donating to this organization, you may do so HERE. Not many people realize how much $5 can do for someone. If we can get everyone in just a single state to donate $5, there would be enough money to help HUNDREDS of families! So, even if you're just able to donate $5, that is perfectly fine!If you're unable to walk or donate, my dear friend and myself just ask that you give prayer to her family. They need as much strength as they can get at this point in time!

If you're able to donate to this cause, that would be such an amazing blessing to not only the March of Dimes, but to my dear friend's family and the loss of their baby, and also to the several babies and mothers who will receive treatment and research in hopes to find a cure for the loss of so many children.


Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this, it means so much to me and I know it will mean a lot to my close friend! I would love to hear if you're going to be walking at this event also! Or, if you decide to donate!



HUG YOUR BABIES CLOSE TONIGHT!!


*Names have been withheld from this blog post in respect to the family*
-Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment