Thursday, March 8, 2012

International Women's Day 2012



I don't know how many people actually know that today is "International Women's Day" but if you're reading this blog... now you do! There will be some people who just overlook what this day actually means, or they will make fun of it, but there are those who will respect all of the endeavors women have encountered throughout the years. 



I don't know how many times I've heard someone say "Women are inferior to men!" It doesn't annoy me that it is said, it annoys me that whoever is saying it has absolutely no respect for us, women. It's taken a lot for us to come to where we are now. There are still things, TO THIS VERY DAY, that women get looked at as weak, fragile, & not as "tough" as a man. For example - the military. Women weren't allowed to even be in a submarine until a few years ago. Why? Because they didn't like how close the women would be to the men in the submarine. Also, women still are not allowed to fight on the line (Infantry) in the military -- which, I'm completely fine with & will support this decision 100%. But, it's really frustrating because there have been numerous incidents where the man thought that I couldn't do something because I'm a woman... you know what....




I believe that ANY woman can do just as much as a man!! You don't have to have huge muscles, facial hair, a buzz cut, or a penis to make you a STRONG person! So, for all those guys who looked down upon women, you better watch out! I mean, for crying out-loud... people thought they would NEVER see the day that a WOMAN would run for PRESIDENT! WHY?! Is it because we have boobs or a vagina or that we MAY be blonde & don't think we have the intelligence to run a damn country?! Hahahaha! You better look twice because as far as I'm concerned, Hillary Clinton had enough BALLS to stand up against every MAN that was running for president at the time & face the challenge!!! Cheers to that!


So, with all that being said, I want ALL women to walk around today with their head held high, a smile on their face, & know that TODAY is OUR day!!


-Lindsey Pav.

No comments:

Post a Comment